Your perfect, magic cup of coffee is the result of a long journey: from choosing the best beans, to roasting them accordingly, grind them and prepare them with the right kind of coffee maker. All the steps contribute equally to that tasty, rich flavored drink we all enjoy so much.
In this article we are just going to focus on the last step and give you some tips on how to choose the best coffee maker for your needs.
Here are the most important factors you should take into consideration when shopping for a coffee machine:
- The first thing you need to consider is definitely your budget. It doesn’t matter what kind of coffee maker you want, if your wallet doesn’t back you up
- What type of coffee you like to drink. If you don’t have any special preferences it is useless to invest in a coffee maker that costs more simply because it allows you to prepare several types of coffee drinks
- The capacity of a coffee maker varies from one device to another. Some coffee makers can make up to 12 cups at once, while others can only make one. Think about how many members of your family drink coffee, how much and how often. It is time-consuming to buy a single-serve coffee maker if there are 4 or 5 people in your household that drink coffee, because you’ll have to go through the same process five times, which can be exhausting.
- When do you drink your coffee and how often? If you are one of those people who can’t even remember their name before they have their morning coffee, then you might consider a programmable coffee maker. You can set the timer for a specific hour every day and you will make your life much easier and pleasant
- Ease of use. Brewing your daily coffee shouldn’t give you too much trouble or require a PhD. Choose a simple and logical machine that won’t give you headaches and get in the way of your morning cup of energy
- How easy it is to clean. This is another important aspect, especially for espresso machines that have a lot of components. If you want to prolong your coffee maker’s life, you have to keep it nice and clean. That’s why it is advisable to look for something with parts that are easy to remove and clean
- You would think that space is the last issue to worry about, but our kitchens are stacked with modern appliances, so make sure that your coffee maker will fit in, too
- What filters does it use. There are many types of filters: paper ones, permanent ones, which can be from metal, cloth, etc. Read about all of them and find out which ones are more adequate for your taste
- Features. These are especially important for complex espresso machines that come in a wide variety of choices. Depending on the brand, model and price, they come equipped with several functions/features. See which ones are more important for you: programmability, built-in bean grinder, water filter, automatic shut off function, different types of carafes and more.