We live in a hectic world in which time is money and we’re always on the run. Oftentimes we don’t even take the time to fulfill our basic needs such as eating. Fast-foods are a thriving industry, because they meet two of our most stringent needs: they feed us delicious food and they do it quickly. But at what cost? Take-out food is less nutritious at best, because it never uses high quality ingredients you would normally use in your kitchen and it will also cost you more than if you would cook the same dish at home. Fast-food goes beyond being just ‘less nutritious’ and most of it is actually dangerous for your body, because of the way it is prepared: fried in tons of burned, recycled grease and oils, masked by lots of salt and condiments to make it tastier and more addictive. It increases the risk of diabetes, obesity, heart disease and more. And it also leaves a hole in your pocket.
If you want to make a difference in your nutrition, you should really consider purchasing a slow cooker. They are becoming more and more popular all across the world, as people have started to become more aware of the importance of healthy eating.
If you are still unsure about buying one, here are some benefits of using a slow cooker for your food:
- It will help you eat healthier for several reasons: it helps you reduce the quantity of processed food you consume, because you no longer have to buy frozen, out of the box dishes, you can cook them yourself. Also, slow cooked food preserves more of the nutrients in your food, because, well, it is cooked slower and at a lower heat.
- Slow cookers can help you prepare delicious dishes. The flavors will disperse better when the food is cooked for a longer period of time
- You will save money for at least 2 reasons: you won’t spend that much on take-out and you will pay a smaller electric bill with a slow cooker
- It will save you a lot of time, as you won’t have to stay near your stove for the entire period of cooking. All you have to do is prepare the ingredients, throw them into the cooker and go about your business. You can leave the machine do its thing for hours if necessary, without guarding it
- It is easy to carry around. You can easily transport it to a friend’s/ relative’s house, a party, etc.
- It is easy to clean. Except for the tools and utensils you have to use to cut ingredients, all you need to clean is basically a pot
- You can use it both in the summer and winter and prepare a variety of delicious, nutritious recipes for all seasons. Moreover, a slow cooker will help you a lot in the summer because it will be a good substitute for your oven and it won’t produce extra-heat in your kitchen.