A phone system is indispensable for any respectable business and Internet and technology have considerably simplified this task for any business owner. Smaller businesses can now set up a phone system in the easiest and most affordable possible way: through the Internet. Cloud-based phone systems are one of the most popular choices in terms of phone systems today. They are easy to set up and configure over the Internet and they are way cheaper than traditional phone lines.
Here are the main benefits of using a virtual phone system:
- It is more affordable than traditional phone systems, both in terms of installing and call charges. While traditional ones require expensive equipment, specialized staff to configure and maintain them and calls are pricier especially if they are international, cloud-based phone systems are a breeze compared to them. The costs are significantly lower, given that the calls are made via Internet. The fees are usually paid on a monthly basis/user so you only have to pay for what you know you’ll need and actually use. The installation costs are also minimal
- It is easier and faster to install/set up. Virtual phone systems don’t need any hardware, all you need to have is IP phones, since the entire infrastructure is basically in a centralized data center. You don’t have to pay any additional money to administrate, update anything, because the provider takes care of all those aspects. In most cases, you will be able to set everything up by yourself, so there is no need to have any professionals over to help you. Moreover, the whole configuration process takes just a few minutes
- Portability is one of the biggest advantages with cloud-based phone systems. You can change your location anytime you want and still keep your phone system, as long as you benefit from Internet connection. You can also use it with your smartphone wherever you have an Internet connection and on calls the number displayed will be the virtual one, not your personal one
- It comes with lots of useful features. There are a lot of options when it comes to online phone systems and you can customize them to meet your specific needs. A few examples of features are call logs, call forward, the ability to connect the staff at home or when travelling, call waiting, caller ID, call blocking, the ability to monitor your system through an online portal and much more
- It is scalable. Virtual phone systems allow you to easily add or remove lines according to your needs, if you hire a new employee or if one leaves and so on. You can always choose how many lines you want and you can adapt on the way
- Gives you options regarding your phone number. For instance, you can opt to keep an old number or choose a specific local number, even if you are using it from a different part of the Globe. For example, you can have a Paris phone number even if you are located in Africa or US.