Campaigner is a simple, online e-mail marketing program developed by a team of marketers. The company was founded in 1999 and currently has offices in several places worldwide: New York, Los Angeles, Newcastle, Ukraine (Kiev), Canada (Ottawa).
This software is tailored for any kind of business, regardless of its size and type. It is flexible when it comes to available plans and you can choose between 4 major packages (Starter, Growth, Corporate, Enterprise), each with its own sub plans (Basic, Advanced, Ultimate).
All plans come with 24/7 customer support via phone, live chat or email and there’s a free 30-day trial included. In order to start the trial, you have to provide your personal and credit card details.
The Starter plan is their cheapest plan. It is decently priced, starting at $19.95/month and allows up to 5,000 contacts.
The Growth plan starts at $79.95/month and includes up to more than 25,000 contacts.
The Corporate plan starts at $299.95/month and allows up to more than 5,000 contacts.
The most premium option is Enterprise, which doesn’t have a fixed monthly fee. You have to contact them to get a custom quote and this plan can be personalized according to your needs. It includes unlimited contacts, multi-tiered support and delivery consulting.
Compared to other email marketing services, we found Campaigner to be reasonably priced and diversified when it comes to available plans.
Ease of set up
One of Campaigner’s biggest strengths is its user-friendliness. The registration process is really simple. All you have to do is provide your details, wait for the verification email and add a credit card. Unfortunately, a credit card number is mandatory even if you just want to sign up for the free 30-day trial.
Campaigner allows you to add other users to your account, in case you want to let others create campaigns.
The interface of Campaigner is straightforward and intuitive.
Main features included with Campaigner
Campaigner didn’t originally come with so many features, but it improved during the last year and it currently offers a decent set of features:
- Around a thousand available templates, responsive and customizable
- Intuitive interface and easy to use drag-and-drop editor
- A mobile app that is compatible with all major OS (iOS, Android, etc.)
- The ability to create user segments based on different criteria
- Newsletters can be created both through the Full Email Editor (HTML code) or via the Smart Email Builder with existing templates and layouts
- The ability to import contacts in 2 ways: by uploading CSV, XLSX, VCF, XLS files or via Gmail, Yahoo and other email clients
- The ability to create autoreply messages, schedule newsletters (daily, weekly, monthly, annually)
- Reporting and tracking tools (it integrates with Google Analytics)
- A lot of apps and integrations available
- A/B testing
Main PROS of Campaigner
- Generous free 30-day trial
- Attractive, intuitive, user-friendly interface
- Hundreds of customizable and mobile responsive templates to choose from
- A lot of customization tools
- 24/7 customer support via phone, live chat and e-mail
- All their plans include email automation
- Scalable service
Main CONS of Campaigner
- In order to benefit from the free trial you have to provide a credit card number
- No sign up forms included, you have to create them yourself
- There are no spam checking options
- There are some issues when trying to import your contacts from Gmail
- Not as complex as other email marketing services